EIT RawMaterials: Start-up and SME Booster Call 2019
The EIT RawMaterials “Start-up & SME Booster Program” is one of the EIT RawMaterials funding instruments dedicated to support third parties’ activities, such as business creation by idea holders and growth support by start-ups and SMEs.
EIT RawMaterials is one of the Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KIC) of the EIT (European Institute of Innovation and Technology) and funded by the European Commission.
It unites more than 120 partners along the RawMaterials value chain – academic and research institutions as well as industry- from more than 20 European countries. Its six Innovation Hubs across Europe (also called Co-location Centres – CLCs) aim at fostering innovation across the regional ecosystems of industry, research institutions and universities. The EIT RawMaterials “Start-up & SME Booster Program” is one of the EIT RawMaterials funding instruments dedicated to support third parties’ activities, such as business creation by idea holders and growth support by start-ups and SMEs.
The “Start-up & SME Booster Program” supports new businesses that develop raw materials into a major strength for Europe along the whole material value chain as follows:
- 1. Exploration and raw materials resource assessment
- 2. Mining in challenging environments
- 3. Increased resource efficiency in mineral and metallurgical processes
- 4. Recycling and material chain optimisation for End-of-Life products
- 5. Substitution of critical and toxic materials in products and for optimised performance
- 6. Design of products and services for the circular economy
The “Start-up& SME Booster Program” is open to the following participants who have operative branch in one of the EU Member states or Countries Associated to Horizon 2020:
- Raw materials relevant start-up or spin-off companies at least registered at the time of application and younger than 5 years within the limit set out by the European Commission (registration certificate to be provided at the grant signature);
- Raw materials innovation- and technology-related SMEs (according to European Commission’s definitions), willing to boost their business through the introduction of new and innovative products and/or services(started within less than 5 years, proven by patent number or other proof of the age of the innovation).
The Projects supported by the “Start-up & SME Booster Program” should have one of the following targets:
- 1. Drive proof of concept or feasibility study to increase the TRL4 (from at least TRL 4);
- 2. To build or expand Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio to secure next funding steps;
- 3. Carry out customer validation or pilot testing. The program also supports the initiatives in finding the potential customers among EIT RawMaterials partners.
- 4. Expand the market and reach global scale, also through business support services provided by the EIT RawMaterials.
- 5. Maximum duration within the calendar year 2019, with clearly indicated milestones to be achieved within its duration.
BENEFICIARI E FINALITA’
Consorzio; Impresa o Professionista; Cooperativa
micro impresa; piccola impresa; media impresa
INCENTIVI E SPESE
The support scheme will be as follows:
- 1. Financial support of up to a maximum amount of 60,000 EUR
- 2. As a general principle, the financial support is granted to selected beneficiaries based on realistic cost estimate and paid as a lump-sum. 3. Please note that Start-ups and SMEs who are partners of EIT RawMaterials will have to report actual costs.
- 4. Note the maximum amount of 60,000 EUR corresponds to the total cumulative amount that a single beneficiary (Start-up, SME) can receive during a calendar year for any activitiy supported by EIT RawMaterials.
- 5. Funding will be attributed based on the proposed activities and submitted budget by the startup and checked during the pitching evaluation. The final allocated amount will depend on the convincing justification of the costs and the available budget of their corresponding Innovation Hub at the cut-off date. This allocated amount might differ from the amount initially requested by the start-up.
There is no formal minimum requirement of co-funding; however, projects that will show a cofunding and other sources of funding and ask support for non-recurring costs (not for shareholders personnel costs) will be positively evaluated, as an indication of the commitment of the company in the initiative.
The present call is open all year long. For sake of clarity and to ensure smooth selection and operational progress of the selected start-ups, 3 cut-off dates for proposal submission will be organized. The Cut-off dates will be fixed on March 15st, June 14th and September 20th.
Warrant Hub S.p.A. non assume alcuna responsabilità per quanto riguarda il contenuto della scheda e ricorda che fanno fede unicamente i testi della legislazione pubblicati nelle edizioni cartacee della Gazzetta Ufficiale e/o Bollettini Ufficiali Regionali e/o qualsiasi altra pubblicazione ufficiale. Warrant Hub S.p.A — Corso Mazzini,11 – 42015 Correggio (RE) Italia – Tel. 0522 7337 – Fax. 0522 692586