EIT Food: Food Accelerator Network (FAN) programme 2020
EIT Food organise "Food Accelerator Network (FAN)" programme to support high-impact agri-and food-tech start-ups that are looking to fast track their growth.
The four-month programme – set to start in July 2020 – is uniquely designed as a multi-location programme across Europe.
To be considered eligible for the programme, applicants must be agri-food startups:
- That are set to make a big impact on any part of the agriculture or food supply chain thus committed to building a healthier, more trusted and sustainable food system
- At (pre) seed stage with some indicator of traction (e.g. LoIs, sales, letters of support)
- Registered company or agree to register during the course of the programme
- Active in the EU and its member states or EU associated countries (i.e. Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia Armenia),
- Committed to the programme (we expect active, consistent engagement in the programme – this requires regular, physical presence from at least one team member in one of our hubs for the duration of the accelerator programme).
The 60 selected start-ups of the EIT FAN will be spread across six locations. In addition to Munich (Germany), Haifa (Israel), Lausanne (Switzerland), Bilbao (Spain), Cambridge (UK), EIT FAN will also be hosted for the first time in Helsinki (Finland).
During the course of the programme, start-ups are set to benefit from EIT FAN’s curriculum and unparalleled network, and gain access to a powerful agrifood customer base to bring their innovation to the market faster. Its corporate partners include leading international corporations representing all key elements of the food system. The curriculum was created by academic and industry leaders in Agrifood to ensure that participating start-ups would transition from early-stage to impactful innovators.
EIT FAN is seeking applications from start-ups along the entire food value chain who are looking to change the food system: from smart farming to consumption and health, from sustainable packaging solutions to innovations that tackle food waste, increasing food safety or helping to create a more efficient distribution system for the food industry.
The top three graduating start-ups will also benefit from direct financial support of up to €100 000 each: € 20.000 in equity-free cash, € 20.000 in cash-equivalent services and/or € 60.000 in SAFEs, a very flexible investment vehicle that can be made accessible to the winners of EIT FAN 2020.
The Technical University of Munich (TUM), John Deere, PepsiCo and UnternehmerTUM invite you to submit your application to the Smart Farming Sidetrack within FAN 2020. Selected startups will attend one of the six local accelerator programmes but receive additional support specifically tailored to the agritech space.
Open to all startups that are at the stage of primary production in their business model. The Smart Farming Sidetrack is specifically designed for companies focused on field robotics, agronomic sensors, digital farming, biofertilizers, nutrition management, pesticide control or service platforms, and autonomous vehicles.
BENEFICIARI E FINALITA’
Impresa o Professionista; Cooperativa
micro impresa; piccola impresa; media impresa
INCENTIVI E SPESE
Premi e Borse
- Expert business mentors and coaches
- Access to a world-class agrifood customer base
- World-class skills training
- Investor and media exposure
- Collaborate with fellow entrepreneurs
- Financial support of up to € 100.000
Applications are due on March 10, 2020 at 6:00 pm CET.
- Judging: March-May
- Accelerate: June-October
- Pitch to win: November
Warrant Hub S.p.A. non assume alcuna responsabilità per quanto riguarda il contenuto della scheda e ricorda che fanno fede unicamente i testi della legislazione pubblicati nelle edizioni cartacee della Gazzetta Ufficiale e/o Bollettini Ufficiali Regionali e/o qualsiasi altra pubblicazione ufficiale. Warrant Hub S.p.A — Corso Mazzini,11 – 42015 Correggio (RE) Italia – Tel. 0522 7337 – Fax. 0522 692586